[Libusbx-devel] Announcing libusb-1.0.20-rc3

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[Libusbx-devel] Announcing libusb-1.0.20-rc3

Chris Dickens
Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce the libusb-1.0.20-rc3 release. This release comes soon after rc2 to address a regression found in the previous releases.

It has been over a year since the last release, and a lot of changes have gone in during that time (95 commits).

Changelog:
* Add Haiku support
* Fix multiple memory and resource leaks (#16, #52, #76, #81)
* Fix possible deadlock when executing transfer callback
* New libusb_free_pollfds() API
* Darwin: Fix devices not being detected on OS X 10.8 (#48)
* Linux: Allow larger isochronous transfer submission (#23)
* Windows: Fix broken builds Cygwin/MinGW builds and compiler warnings
* Windows: Fix broken bus number lookup
* Windows: Improve submission of control requests for composite devices
* Examples: Add two-stage load support to fxload (#12)
* Correctly report cancellations due to timeouts
* Improve efficiency of event handling
* Improve speed of transfer submission in multi-threaded environments
* Various other bug fixes and improvements
The (#xx) numbers are libusb issue numbers, see ie:

Changes since rc2:
* Fix regression when using timerfd for timeouts with multiple transfers
* Windows: Fix build warnings/link issues

You can download the 1.0.20-rc3 tarball here:

Please test and let us know if you find any issues. With no reported issues we plan to release a final version of 1.0.20 in 1 week.

Regards,
Chris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
libusbx-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/libusbx-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Libusbx-devel] Announcing libusb-1.0.20-rc3

Jie Zhang
Parallel build fails. See below for the log.

Jie


jie@elf:~/sources/libusb-1.0.20-rc3$ ./configure
[...]
jie@elf:~/sources/libusb-1.0.20-rc3$ make -j4
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jie/sources/libusb-1.0.20-rc3'
Making all in libusb
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/jie/sources/libusb-1.0.20-rc3/libusb'
  CC       libusb_1_0_la-core.lo
  CC       libusb_1_0_la-descriptor.lo
  CC       libusb_1_0_la-io.lo
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/jie/sources/libusb-1.0.20-rc3/libusb'
  CC       libusb_1_0_la-core.lo
  CC       libusb_1_0_la-strerror.lo
  CC       libusb_1_0_la-sync.lo
mv: cannot stat `.deps/libusb_1_0_la-core.Tpo': No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [libusb_1_0_la-core.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/jie/sources/libusb-1.0.20-rc3/libusb'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jie/sources/libusb-1.0.20-rc3/libusb'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jie/sources/libusb-1.0.20-rc3'
make: *** [all] Error 2

On Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 1:44 PM, Chris Dickens
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the libusb-1.0.20-rc3 release. This release comes
> soon after rc2 to address a regression found in the previous releases.
>
> It has been over a year since the last release, and a lot of changes have
> gone in during that time (95 commits).
>
> Changelog:
> * Add Haiku support
> * Fix multiple memory and resource leaks (#16, #52, #76, #81)
> * Fix possible deadlock when executing transfer callback
> * New libusb_free_pollfds() API
> * Darwin: Fix devices not being detected on OS X 10.8 (#48)
> * Linux: Allow larger isochronous transfer submission (#23)
> * Windows: Fix broken builds Cygwin/MinGW builds and compiler warnings
> * Windows: Fix broken bus number lookup
> * Windows: Improve submission of control requests for composite devices
> * Examples: Add two-stage load support to fxload (#12)
> * Correctly report cancellations due to timeouts
> * Improve efficiency of event handling
> * Improve speed of transfer submission in multi-threaded environments
> * Various other bug fixes and improvements
> The (#xx) numbers are libusb issue numbers, see ie:
> https://github.com/libusb/libusb/issues/16
>
> Changes since rc2:
> * Fix regression when using timerfd for timeouts with multiple transfers
> * Windows: Fix build warnings/link issues
>
> You can download the 1.0.20-rc3 tarball here:
> https://github.com/libusb/libusb/releases/download/v1.0.20-rc3/libusb-1.0.20-rc3.tar.bz2
>
> Please test and let us know if you find any issues. With no reported issues
> we plan to release a final version of 1.0.20 in 1 week.
>
> Regards,
> Chris
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> libusbx-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/libusbx-devel
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
libusbx-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/libusbx-devel
Loading...