[Libusbx-devel] Announcing libusb-1.0.20-rc1

[Libusbx-devel] Announcing libusb-1.0.20-rc1

Chris Dickens
Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce the libusb-1.0.20-rc1 release.

It has been over a year since the last release, and a lot of changes have gone in during that time (86 commits).

2015-07-29: v1.0.20
* Add Haiku support
* Fix multiple memory and resource leaks (#16, #52, #76, #81)
* Fix possible deadlock when executing transfer callback
* New libusb_free_pollfds() API
* Darwin: Fix devices not being detected on OS X 10.8 (#48)
* Linux: Allow larger isochronous transfer submission (#23)
* Windows: Fix broken builds Cygwin/MinGW builds and compiler warnings
* Windows: Fix broken bus number lookup
* Windows: Improve submission of control requests for composite devices
* Improve efficiency of event handling
* Improve speed of transfer submission in multi-threaded environments
* Various other bug fixes and improvements
The (#xx) numbers are libusb issue numbers, see ie:

You can download the 1.0.20-rc1 tarball here:

Please test and let us know if you find any issues. We plan to release a final version of 1.0.20 in the next 2-3 weeks.

Regards,
Chris

Re: [Libusbx-devel] [libusb] Announcing libusb-1.0.20-rc1

Sean McBride
On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 10:48:56 -0700, Chris Dickens said:

>I'm pleased to announce the libusb-1.0.20-rc1 release.

FWIW: we've tested over a few days now with OS X 10.6 through 10.11 betas and have found no issues (for our use cases).

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 [hidden email]
Rogue Research                        www.rogue-research.com
Mac Software Developer              Montréal, Québec, Canada

Re: [Libusbx-devel] [libusb] Announcing libusb-1.0.20-rc1

Sean McBride
On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 10:48:56 -0700, Chris Dickens said:

>I'm pleased to announce the libusb-1.0.20-rc1 release.
>
>It has been over a year since the last release, and a lot of changes have
>gone in during that time (86 commits).
>
>2015-07-29: v1.0.20
>* Add Haiku support
>* Fix multiple memory and resource leaks (#16, #52, #76, #81)
>* Fix possible deadlock when executing transfer callback
>* New libusb_free_pollfds() API
>* Darwin: Fix devices not being detected on OS X 10.8 (#48)
>* Linux: Allow larger isochronous transfer submission (#23)
>* Windows: Fix broken builds Cygwin/MinGW builds and compiler warnings
>* Windows: Fix broken bus number lookup
>* Windows: Improve submission of control requests for composite devices
>* Improve efficiency of event handling
>* Improve speed of transfer submission in multi-threaded environments
>* Various other bug fixes and improvements
>The (#xx) numbers are libusb issue numbers, see ie:
>https://github.com/libusb/libusb/issues/16
>
>You can download the 1.0.20-rc1 tarball here:
>https://github.com/libusb/libusb/releases/download/v1.0.20-rc1/
>libusb-1.0.20-rc1.tar.bz2
>
>Please test and let us know if you find any issues. We plan to release a
>final version of 1.0.20 in the next 2-3 weeks.

So it is perhaps time to release an rc2...?